We have included as one of the sauces Kecap Manis which is available in most supermarkets and Asian Groceries. If you don't have this on hand, use oyster sauce or hoisin sauce. Fried rice is a very economical & easy meal to prepare.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. crushed ginger (we used from a jar)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- ½ red capsicum, finely diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- ½ can corn kernels, drained
- ½ zucchini (aka corgette), chopped
- 2 cups cooked Sunflower Pure Basmathi rice
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce, light
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp. low fat milk
- 2 eggs
- Heat wok or large frying pan over medium heat. Add oil and onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add carrot, celery, zucchini, ginger, garlic and capsicum, saute for 5 mins. You can add a splash of water if you like.
- Splash a little soy over vegetables
- Meanwhile mix eggs and milk in a small bowl, and add to pan. Keep stirring as the egg cooks. Add corn and mushrooms, a splash of soy and keep stirring for a couple more minutes.
- Combine rice & drizzle all the sauces over the mixture and keep stirring until all incorporated.
- Season with some cracked pepper and serve immediately.
Servings: 4 Serving size:314g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1170 kJ||372 kJ|
|279 Cal||89 Cal|
|Protein||12.1 g||3.8 g|
|Fat, total||7.2 g||2.3 g|
|- Saturated||1.7 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||37.3 g||11.9 g|
|- Sugars||13.9 g||4.4 g|
|Sodium||1420 mg||453 mg|